- To proactively conduct research on potential areas of legal reform and make necessary recommendations to Council;
- To research, consider and make recommendations to the Council/Association on proposals on law reform referred to the Association by various stakeholders;
- To recommend, where necessary, the harmonization of local legislation with internationally-acceptable standards, core principles and practices;
- To conduct research on pertinent legal issues and developments affecting the country (Zambia) in general and the Association and its members in particular;
- To attend to such matters as Council/the Association may refer for the committee’s attention and action and to do all such other things, perform such other duties and functions and attend to such other engagements as are reasonably incidental to the foregoing terms of reference; and
- To publish a Legal Magazine relevant to the objectives of the Association.