- To spear-head litigation on the part of LAZ;
- To prosecute and defend all matters in which LAZ is interested;
- To act as the conduit for the distribution of all litigation matters among its members; and to the Association’s general membership if necessary;
- To develop the law through litigation by way of applications for interpretation of statutes;
- To identify and recommend to the Council matters which LAZ might be interested in for the purposes as acting as amicus curia; and
- To attend to all matters incidental to its stated terms of reference or as lawfully directed to the Committee by Council.